Zen driving

Jim and I often take my only day off from work = Sunday and go out for a drive. We started to head to a local maple syrup festival and since we left the house later than planned we decided to drive over to Lake Huron side of things. On the way there I thought about stopping into Philosopher's Wool but I had forgotten the town where they are located. Browsing around the lake side map area I had an Oprah lightbulb moment- ah ha!!... Inverhuron, that's it... Ok we'll head there, find a gas station and ask if they know how to get there...  like so many times before our Zen driving took over... just as we were heading towards Inverhuron I shout- hang a right  there's their sign... I know it's Sunday and they might not be open but since we found them let's give it a go.. Eugene and Ann were most welcoming. We chatted about knitting, wool, their fab beam house and then headed to see the stacks of hand knit sweaters- pieces of art I say... every colour of the rainbow... and then into the sun lit studio... yarns filling every corner, kits all ready to go, books, buttons, patterns by Mari, local pottery.. oh my!!... I could feel myself having a dilemma - so many colours - styles - boggling!!!... tough job but I decided on the Southwest Throw/shawl in Fire colours....  have a look

Southwest Throw in Fire colours














What a beauty... the colours are so lovely, I can't wait to get started...







It was a cool breeze of a day- not like to 24c days of last week so of course I couldn't resist a little shawl purchase...

We had lunch @ the Port Elgin harbour... toured thru town... enjoyed the sunshine... grabbed a coffee... stopped in Meaford for our first Dairy Queen of the season... fudge & peanuts.. yummy... and back home by 6pm...
What a day... now for my next plans= a yarn crawl... more to follow










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blocking 220 Superwash

Spring Sweater Knitting

LYS Day 2022