Scaring Morley

Some people are just not animal lovers.. I can understand that.. sort of... in any case- our fair weather neighbour has returned to her "summer house" for the next few months. She believes that in order to stop Morley from barking at her - she must spray him with the hose... You can imagine my face when I watched her do just that this morning- standing in her housecoat- watering her flowers- turns and sprays Morley who is now barking at her posturing with the hose!!
Morley responds to her intimidating style with a bark- "I don't like you" and she keeps on watering him!!... I asked her to stop and her reply " Oh, you don't want me doing that?" I informed her that if she keeps spraying him in her threatening way, he will keep barking at her- I asked her to ignore him and he will go about his way- I have heard her on many occasion indicate that she'll get the hose and fix him!!...
I thought teasing dogs was just something children did- not 80 year olds!!!
Morley went about his way- I sat and watched the Orioles, Gold Finches, Hummingbirds, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Robins, Nuthatches, Chicadees and of course Grackles enjoy a little breakfast at our feeders- while I enjoyed my morning coffee....
The early morning pleasures of coffee on the porch...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blocking 220 Superwash

Spring Sweater Knitting

LYS Day 2022